In case you were wondering why I didn’t like companies that ran like/vote based cosplay contests, this is why. The above is it.
do not give a fuck
or the cosplay community.
They care about money.
This is specifically why I only entered into Otaku House once, why I barely vote for these contests, and why I don’t participate in like/based contests anymore.
The idea is this:
- Post a cosplay contest that gives away awesome prizes cosplayers of novice level could really use
- People will participate simply because the extra publicity draws more attention to their own pages (And there is nothing wrong with wanting to be popular in cosplay, and I’m leaving that part of the conversation at that.)
- People will share their image or their post in order to garter more likes. Their friends, their family, their followers, random strangers, ect.
- Their friends will share the post in order to garter more likes. Their friends, their family, their followers, random strangers, ect.
- A like is a nice boost to a facebook page’s social score
- A visit to a page to vote is a great boost to search scores
- A share is a great boost to a facebook page’s social score
- A post about a website on your social media account is a great boost to search scores
- Look, you essentially just got free advertising by promising these starlit cosplayers free shit
- Their ranking and their sales go up, and they profit, for free
- You did all the work for them
If you think this is abnormal on facebook? It’s not. Thousands of scammers post bogus pages in which they use fake contests and shares like ‘we have free macbooks!’ ‘vote for this thing!’ in order to rack up likes, and then sell the Facebook page to someone looking to start up with quick followers.
When I ran the Cosplay Shinkou cosplay contest initially at it’s startup, I had to fight tooth and nail to have it judged like a normal contest because I didn’t want the company to look like these sort of asshats. Constantly I was being pressured to turn the contest into a like contest so more people would visit our page and get likes out of it. To make sure the most popular who can get our page the most attention wins. That only popular people get on the cover so that their fans buy our magazine. From the CEO’s point of view, it had fucking nothing to do with the cosplayers, just making money.
And that, ladies and gentleman, is the problem with businesses getting our attention as cosplayers. We’re easily abused with our dream of fame and free stuff and having our cosplay recognized in order to stir the social pot and bring back the attention to them. That is why they don’t care if they offend us with something stupid like the above, because we’ve already proven to them that no matter what, they’ll get abagillion contestants anyway wanting to win.
So if you really want to support a cosplayer?
- Like their page and follow their stuff
- Support them by leaving them nice commentary on their cosplays about what you liked about them or how good they look as that character
- Share that person to your friends and family directly
- A like is just a button click, and you should remember this
Don’t support a company that will give a fuck you to types of cosplayers that shame them and are unapologetic about them.
Go team house on fire.
Ok I just wanna talk about how beautiful Attack on Titan’s artwork is
I mean look at that
the sky’s so pretty
and the scenery
you can see the waves in the water and the texture of the trees
and you can see all the details on the buildings
and the animation
is so smooth
The two Pokemon I associate with my little sister for some reason.
"I miss you”
Is the nicest text you can receive
"i bought a monster truck"
"I have too much money you can have it"
"I got you pizza"
"tom hiddleston is diving to your house right now"
"tom hiddleston had too much money and so he’s diving to your house in a monster truck with a pizza that he got for you"
"Because he misses you."
part 1 of my snk-characters-as-birds series
finding birds that actually fit them was easy for these three, hope the others won’t give me trouble
more to come~ i’m having hella fun with this
My friend you just managed to make birds (even completely anatomically correct) look like the actual characters and if that isn’t some rad skill i don’t know what it is.
Laptop keeps overheating goddamn.
♥ KAT’S POKEMON GIVEAWAY ♥
I have been wanting to do a giveaway for a while, and I figure that this is the perfect chance!
I will pick three names (or four depending on if I get an extra shiny)! First name picked gets the first choice of prize, the second name gets second choice, and the last name will get whatever is left! DEPENDING on whether I get another good chain going, I might put my Shiny Furfrou as an option as well!
The prizes you can choose from are:
- The three Kalos legendaries (Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde)
- ALL the Kalos and Kanto starters with Hidden Abilities
- Several Vivillon, INCLUDING SANDSTORM AND MONSOON (two of the rarest!)
- And possibly Shiny Furfrou or Shiny Skiddo!
Of course, there are a few rules for this giveaway:
- NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS (though I do appreciate if fellow Pokemon blogs reblog this)
- Reblogs and Likes both count, BUT only follower Likes will count (if you aren’t following me and you Like this, I won’t count it as an entry)
- This being said, if you follow me you can enter TWICE, if you don’t follow me, you can only enter ONCE
I will announce the winners on December 4th (I wish I could do my birthday on the 3rd, but I am at university all day)! Winners will be given 48hrs to reply!
Have fun! c:
Not much longer!
Small update: Due to a generous donation from a friend, I now have a set of 12 Vivillion (I think it is 12 at least) to giveaway! Perfect for any Vivillon collector!
Piper Thibodeau has illustrated some of the their favorite Animal Crossing memories as part of their theme a week series. Every week Piper chooses a theme and illustrates an image based on it ever day.
Personally, I’ve never been able to connect with Animal Crossing like some other people I know. Maybe that means I have no soul, I don’t know.
What I do know is that Animal Crossing: New Leaf is right around the corner and a certain fellow gamer is going to lose her mind from the anticipation of the release when she sees these illustrations.
Basically, 2013 was the year of:
Anda finally we have…
The basket homos
The singing homos
The megane homos (again)